LINE PRODUCER – PRIMER FOR A FAILED SUPERPOWER
APRIL – AUGUST 2017
The TEAM seeks an organized and resourceful Line Producer for its upcoming August rehearsals and performances of PRIMER FOR A FAILED SUPERPOWER, a multigenerational music project about personal power, national identity, and protest movements throughout American history and the present moment.
PRIMER is a multimedia project comprised of the following components:
- A concert of re-mixed and mashed-up arrangements of iconic protest songs performed by an ensemble of teenagers, TEAM performers, and Baby Boomers.
- A series of video interviews with musicians and activists about rage, dissent, and music in a functioning democracy, and in their own lives, which will be screened between songs and online via website and social media.
- A series of podcasts, photos, and video documenting the rehearsal process and intergenerational conversations about PRIMER’s themes and the historical/contemporary context of songs performed.
Line Producer will work with the creative team and the TEAM’s Producing Director to plan and execute all aspects of the project, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and coordinating community casting workshops and confirming creative team participants
- Tracking song commission process and any necessary music rights/licensing requests
- Coordinating filming of interview films – scheduling and hiring interviewees, videographers, and ensuring high quality capture of footage and audio
- Coordinate filming and audio recording of rehearsal process and archival footage of performances
- Scheduling and leading creative team and production meetings
- Budget management
- Liaising with rehearsal and performance venues and creative team about load in/out schedule, equipment, etc.
- Liaise with company management to respond to and support all artist/participant needs
Position begins immediately in freelance capacity to facilitate pre-production. Must be available for morning/evening phone and Skype meetings around creative team availability. The TEAM maintains an office in Fort Greene that is available as a workspace. Full-time commitment is required for all rehearsals and performances. Rehearsals will take place August 7-21 in Williamsburg, with performances August 22 and 23 in downtown Brooklyn.
Competitive candidates will have at least 3 years of producing experience, and demonstrated experience managing a theatrical or live music project of comparable scale. Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, with strong interpersonal skills for managing and interfacing with multiple collaborators, many of whom will be working remotely up until rehearsals. Flexibility and a sense of humor through an evolving creative process will be a strong asset. Experience with community-based projects is a plus.
The TEAM is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive production team for PRIMER. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including 3 professional references to Producing Director Manda Martin – manda[at]theteamplays.org