Status: Hourly, Part-Time, Temporary
Location: Fort Greene, Brooklyn
Reports To: Producing Director
Salary: $20 per hour; 16 hours per week
Schedule: Weekly schedule is flexible in consultation with Producing Director
The TEAM seeks a part-time temporary Associate Producer to work in partnership with Producing Director to strategically advance the company’s mission to create new work about the experience of living in America today, and to tour that work nationally and internationally.
The Associate Producer will work in close collaboration with the Producing Director and Artistic Director in handling the day-to-day operations of The TEAM, an internationally-renowned devised theatre ensemble. Position will be focused on contracts, company management, tour planning and office management, with additional fundraising and development responsibilities. In particular, the Associate Producer will take a leadership role in advancing a spring tour of Anything That Gives Off Light, a collaboration with the National Theatre of Scotland. Position is part-time and temporary, starting mid-September and extending through the TEAM’s spring tour and concluding in April 2019. This position brings with it the opportunity to take leadership roles on various projects, and to receive one-on-one mentorship.
Tour Planning and Company Management
- Work with the Producing Director to create and track touring budgets.
- Support Producing Director in negotiating and executing all artist contracts and collaboration agreements, and union agreements.
- Maintain relationships with artist unions
- Coordinate all travel and accommodations for touring companies.
- Liaise with presenting partners regarding logistics and production marketing.
- Order supplies, marketing collateral, and office equipment as needed
- With Producing Director, ensure that computers, devices, and network are running properly and efficiently.
- Data entry and support Producing Director in setup and transition to new database.
- With Producing Director and company members, maintain an up to date inventory of all company-owned equipment and materials.
- Assist with supervision of interns.
- Create marketing strategies and implementation plans for workshop activities.
- When necessary design materials mentioned above.
- Oversee social media for the TEAM.
Development & Fundraising Support
- Assist in maintaining up to date individual and institutional fundraising records.
- Support Artistic Director and Producing Director with all grant applications and reporting, including financial reporting for all institutional and local, state, and national government funders.
Ideal candidates will be/have:
- Self-motivated, organized, collaborative, and a strong team player.
- Experienced in administration at a cultural organization, GM office, or comparable business experience.
- Experienced in general or company management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Excel, Word. Basic knowledge of Quickbooks is also an asset.
- Change leadership – creates and supports change that has impact larger than one can do on their own.
- Strong orientation towards collaboration.
- Trust and honesty – consistently “walks the walk” between what they mean, say and do.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume with three professional references to Alexandra Lalonde, Producing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org