The TEAM works frequently with early-career theatre-makers for internships in our Brooklyn office and in production. At the TEAM, we place a high priority on giving interns ownership of projects and tangible experience in the day-to-day administration of a small ensemble company.
At this time, all our internships are unpaid. Whenever possible and if desired, registration for all TEAM-led workshops will be provided gratis to all interns.
We seek interns in the following areas:
General Management (Year Round)
General Management interns work alongside the Producing Director and/or Associate Producer at the TEAM’s office. You can expect to work in a variety of aspects of producing, including:
- Company Management
- Development – primarily grant writing and grant/donor management
- Marketing – includes eblasts, social media, video and press archiving
- Event Producing
- Misc Office Management
A minimum commitment of 8 hours/week, for 6 weeks, in the administrative office is required for all intern positions. The TEAM’s office hours are 10am-6pm Monday-Friday
Production (Project dependent)
Production interns generally support shows in the TEAM’s current production portfolio or a specific devising process. Among other responsibilities, interns will be in the room with the TEAM during rehearsals to observe the process and to transcribe/record the work the company does in the room, and should be ready to offer support for the Artistic Director, Producing Director, and company members/production staff.
Folks interested in production, stage management, design, and/or who care about the art of creating theatre are encouraged to apply.
Production interns are expected to be present throughout a rehearsal process, with a schedule established in conversation with the TEAM.
TO APPLY: please email email@example.com with “Internship” in the subject line, with the following information:
- A cover letter indicating the internship for which you are applying, and detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in working with the TEAM.
- A resume including both your artistic and work experience
- If you are interested specifically in development, please also include a 1-2 page writing sample.
We look forward to working with you!