We’re adding a new member to the TEAM!
The General Manager will work in close collaboration with Artistic Director Rachel Chavkin and Producing Director Manda Martin in handling the day-to-day operations of the company. Position will be focused on financial, contract, and office management, with additional fundraising and development responsibilities. Position is part-time, with opportunity for growth.
- Support the Producing Director in regular financial management and budgeting.
- Work with Producing Director and Artistic Director to create and track operating and individual production budgets.
- Perform weekly financial functions, including payroll, cutting checks, accounts payable and receivable, managing and reconciling all bank accounts and credit cards, and tracking cash flow;.
- With support and oversight from Producing Director, record all financial transactions into Quickbooks and maintain orderly and accurate financial records.
- Work with Producing Director and Auditor during yearly financial audit and 990.
- Prepare monthly, yearly, quarterly, and other financial and operating reports for the Finance Committee, the Board of Directors, and funders as necessary.
- Correspond and coordinate with vendors; negotiate contracts for employee benefits, insurances, maintenance, and other services as needed.
- Order supplies, marketing collateral, and office equipment as needed
- With Producing Director, ensure that computers, devices, and network are running properly and efficiently, including Archive and Database strategy and management.
- With Producing Director and company members, maintain an up to date inventory of all company-owned equipment and materials.
- Assist with supervision of interns.
PRODUCTION AND MARKETING SUPPORT
- Support Producing Director in negotiating and executing all artist contracts and collaboration agreements, and union agreements.
- Maintain relationships with artists unions.
- On an as needed basis, offer production and marketing support to Artistic Director, Producing Director, and company members/production staff.
DEVELOPMENT AND FUNDRAISING SUPPORT
- Assist in maintaining up to date individual and institutional fundraising records.
- Support AD and PD with all grant applications and reporting, including financial reporting for all institutional and local, state, and national government funders.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be self-motivated, organized, collaborative, and a strong team player.
- Have experience in administration at a cultural organization, GM office, or comparable business experience.
- Have knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices.
- Have experience in fundraising and marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Excel, Word. Basic knowledge of Quickbooks is also an asset.
This is a salaried, part-time position. Salary is $250/week for two days each week; weekly schedule is flexible in consultation with Producing Director.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume with three professional references to Manda Martin, Producing Director at Manda@theTEAMplays.org. The TEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.